Wednesday 15 October 2014

Hello!

It appears you've stumbled onto my blog. I'm awful at diaries, but I'm aiming to make this a blog a day to keep me focused and on track of my work.

I'm a third year student at the University of South Wales, formerly University of Glamorgan. I study animation, specifically 2D, and I enjoy using Flash and Illustrator. I am also working on my dissertation about animation for deaf people. If you have anything to add, please let me know!

This is my first upload. I'm cheating, because I did this sometime in the second year, around this time last year. Tomorrow is for new things!

This was created by using Adobe Illustrator. If you zoom in, you can even see the sugar on the gingerbread house's gumdrops.


2 comments :

  1. Hi Robyn

    I love this drawing and would like to learn to use illustrator well enough to produce this sort of thing myself. I use photoshop and indesign but have never found a decent guide for illustrator online. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I found the best way to learn Illustrator is really just to play around with it. What version do you use? I find anything past CS3 is great. For this, I used CS6. To really get the hang of Illustrator, the pen tool and the pathfinder. If you find you're having weird wiggles on lines with the pen tool, get rid of one of the handles, and things will move as you want them too. I found that was the worst part of Illustrator for me, and once I found that out, everything fell into place. There's a bunch of tutorials on the web, but I think I found most of my stuff through deviantart.

      http://www.deviantart.com/art/Illustrator-Shapes-Tutorial-86275997

      I found this one really helpful as a beginner, my first thing I made was a silly tomato.

      Delete